Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Sheep, The Berries and The Washing

The Lord had just shared with me about mercy, grace, truth and love, and I was having plenty of opportunity to exercise it suddenly a couple days after (Oct 27th or so). I sat there in praise and worship at the pc casting my cares on Him and listening to David and Nicole Binion singing "Pour my love on you" and singing that to the Lord from my heart. Instantly I was reminded of when Jesus washed His disciples' feet and then I started seeing a vision.

Vision
There were a bunch of goats that were getting "born again" having their horns removed etc. Well they were made brand new, they were now sheep, but they were still feeding on a "see food" diet as if they were still goats. There was little to no grass, and a bunch of nearly barren berry bushes.

The sheep had resorted to eating thorns in their hunger because they were starving, those thorns were doing severe damage to their stomachs. They would bleet, whining in their pain. Well one sheep caught wind of a trail of berries on the ground like bread crumbs and followed them a ways to this green pasture. There was Jesus as the Good Shepherd sitting on a rock with what looked like a huge flower basket full of berries. The trail of berries led straight to that basket.

This sheep ran up to Jesus, He removed briers from it's wool and cared for that sheep. After a little while of sitting near the stream and laying down in green pastures this sheep looked extremely healthy. Then the sheep started to remember what it was like to be at the thorn bushes, and how a trail of berries was followed to get to the pastures. This sheep, sheepishly walked up to the basket of berries next to where Jesus was sitting and He simply smiled at the sheep. The sheep started carrying/dragging the basket all the way back to the briers and thorns leaving a trail of berries behind.

This sheep called out to the others in compassion, but the others mocked and scoffed the poor sheep. This sheep's heart was for them, it knew why they were behaving this way and no offense was taken. After a little while of being compassionate in the face of persecution, the others stormed the basket trampling all the berries. One lone starved sheep looked on and came along side the healthy sheep and began to try and eat the squashed berries.

The good sheep pointed it's friend to the trail of berries and shared what lay beyond and offered to walk the trail with it's friend. The good sheep grabbed the basket and headed back with it's friend. The starved sheep made it to the pastures, but was so tired that it just simply went to lay down next to the water. The good sheep brought Jesus to the other sheep, and the Good Shepherd took care of the starved sheep.

After awhile the starved sheep was starved no more, and both sheep remembered the briers and thorns and each of them grabbed a basket full of berries and went back. The more this process repeated the more berries were being taken back, the more goodness was demonstrated the more sheep followed them back.


The Lord opened my eyes and showed me I was a starved sheep, and showed me that I plundered other people's hearts by trying to be right and defending the only "food" I knew. This revelation so tore/broke my heart, that I can't help but bless people, love people and to be good to them, because I've tasted and seen His goodness and I will always need to taste and see His goodness, because I will always have need of it for myself and others.

Needless to say it provoked some serious intimacy with Papa, as well as unity and love for the family at home sharing communion, washing, and anointing one another in the love of the Lord. May He wash your feet, reveal His goodness to you and as His sheep love on you and care for you in strong manifest ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment